Problems with excessive facial hair female

Home Forums Question & Answers Problems with excessive facial hair female

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Belle Belle 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Question from reader,

I have been struggling with very thick black facial hair, mostly on my chin. i was just hoping you had some insight on why and what i can do about it (if anything). Im 27 years old and i have had it removed via laser and when i got pregnant with my daughter it all came back!!! she is three now and the hair on my face is worse than ever and I’m on the verge of never leaving the house!!

Belle
    Belle
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thank you for your message, nice to hear from you 🙂

I can understand your frustration with body hair. The presence of excess body hair in women usually indicates an overproduction of male hormones. It is common for hormones to go out of balance after pregnancy. It is best to work with your doctor to make sure there are no serious health issues that could be triggering the symptom.

Getting the imbalance under control will be the key to alleviating the excess facial hair. A natural remedy you can consider is spearmint tea, which studies have been shown to reduce hair growth in women. You can read more about spearmint for excess facial hair in women HERE.

We want to hear from you! Please LOGIN or SIGN UP to join the conversation.